Jane Ching-Yan WONG
6S-19, Kadoorie Biological Sciences Building, The University of Hong Kong, Pokfulam Road, Hong Kong S.A.R.
chingyanw11(at) gmail.com | (852) 9723-1028
Ph.D. School of Biological Sciences, The Swire Institute of Marine Science, The University of Hong Kong
2014 - 2019
B.Sc. Ecology & Biodiversity, School of Biological Sciences, The University of Hong Kong
2008 - 2011
Marine Conservation Cambodia
2013 - 2014
The Swire Institute of Marine Science, The University of Hong Kong & Hong Kong Baptist University
2011 - 2013
13. JCY Wong*, E Susana, DM Baker (in review) Towards a trait-based understanding of Symbiodiniaceae nutrient acquisition strategies. Coral Reefs.
12. T Röthig, G Puntin, JCY Wong*, W McLeod, DM Baker (in review) Holobiont interplay regulates nutrient dynamics in the photosymbiotic Cassiopea xamachana. Microbiome.
11. SE McIlroy, JCY Wong*, DM Baker (2020) Competitive traits of coral symbionts may alter the structure and function of the microbiome. The ISME Journal, 1-9.
10. DE Burkepile, AA Shantz, TC Adam, KS Munsterman, KE Speare, MC Ladd, MM Rice, L Ezzat, SE McIlroy, JCY Wong*, DM Baker, AJ Brooks, RJ Schmitt, SJ Holbrook (2019) Nitrogen identity drives differential impacts of nutrients on coral bleaching and mortality. Ecosystems, 1-14.
9. K Kang, Y Ni, J Li, L Imamovic, C Sarkar, Kobler MD, Y Heshiki, T Zheng, S Kumari, JCY Wong*, A Archana, CWM Wong, CE Dingle, S Denizen, DM Baker, MOA Sommer, CJ Webster, G Panagiotou (2018) The environmental exposures and inner- and intercity traffic flows of the metro system may contribute to the skin microbiome and resistome. Cell Reports. 24 (5), 1190-202.
8. A Ohdera, MJ Abrams, CL Ames, DM Baker, LP Suescun Bolivar, AG Collins, CJ Freeman, Edgar Gamero-Mora, TL Goulet, DK Hofmann, A Jaimes-Becerra, PF Long, AC Marques, LA Miller, L Mydlarz Laura, AC Morandini, CR Newkirk, SP Putri, S Julia, N Stampar, B Steinworth, M Templeman, PE Thomé, M Vlok, C Woodley, JCY Wong*, MQ Martindale, WK Fitt and M Medina (2018) Upside-down but headed in the right direction: review of the highly versatile Cassiopea xamachana system. Frontiers in Ecology and Evolution - Coevolution: 6, 35.
7. DM Baker, CJ Freeman, JCY Wong*, ML Fogel, N Knowlton (2018) Climate change promotes parasitism in a coral symbiosis. The ISME Journal: 12 (3), 912.
6. NN Duprey, SE McIlroy, TPT Ng, PD Thompson, T Kim, JCY Wong*, CWM Wong, SM Husa, SMH Li, GA Williams, DM Baker (2017) Facing a wicked problem with optimism: issues and priorities for coral conservation in Hong Kong. Biodiversity and Conservation: 26 (11), 2521–45.
5. F Stein, JCY Wong*, V Sheng, SWC Law, B Schröder, DM Baker (2016) First genetic evidence of illegal trade in endangered European eel (Anguilla anguilla) from Europe to Asia. Conservation Genetics Resources: 8(4), 533-7.
4. JD Urriago, JCY Wong*, CP Dumont, JW Qiu (2016) Reproduction of the short-spined sea urchin Heliocidaris crassispina (Echinodermata: Echinoidea) in Hong Kong with a subtropical climate. Regional Studies in Marine Science: 8, 445-53.
3. JY Xie, JCY Wong*, CP Dumont, N Goodkin, JW Qiu (2016) Borehole density on the surface of living Porites corals as an indicator of sedimentation in Hong Kong. Marine pollution bulletin: 108 (1), 87-93.
2. JCY Wong*, P Thompson, JY Xie, JW Qiu, DM Baker (2016) Symbiodinium clade C generality among common scleractinian corals in subtropical Hong Kong. Regional Studies in Marine Science: 8, 439-44.
1. JC Astudillo, JCY Wong*, CP Dumont, TC Bonebrake, KMY Leung (2014). Assessment of the current status of six non-native marine species in the coastal environment of Hong Kong, 30 years after their establishment. BioInvasions Records.
International Conferences & Workshops
Oral Presentation/ 9th International Symbiosis Society Congress, 15-20 Jul 2018, Oregon State University, Corvallis, U.S.A.
Organizer/ PAM Workshop (NSF funded), 11-13 Jul 2018, University of Guam, Mangilao, Guam
Oral Presentation/ 4th Asia-Pacific Coral Reef Symposium, 4-8 Jun 2018, Cebu, Phillippines
Participant & talk/ First International Cassiopea Workshop, 13-17 May 2017, Key Largo Marine Research Laboratory, U.S.A.
Oral Presentation/ The 8th University Consortium on Aquatic Sciences (UCAS 2016), 7-11 Mar 2016, Jinshan, Taiwan
Oral Presentation/ 13th International Coral Reef Symposium, 19-24 Jun 2016, Honolulu, Hawaii
Co-organizer/ Light and Photosynthesis Workshop, 3-4 Nov 2016, The Swire Institute of Marine Science (HKU), Hong Kong
Poster Presentation/ The International Conference on Biodiversity, Ecology and Conservation of Marine Ecosystems (BECoME2015), 1-4 Jun 2015, The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
Poster Presentation/ Gordon Research Conference in Marine Molecular Ecology, 2-7 Aug 2015, The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (HKUST), Hong Kong
Participant & talk/ Light and Photosynthesis on Coral Reefs, 19 Jan - 7 Feb 2015, Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México (UNAM), Puerto Morelos, México